Defining Being

As you may know me.... I try to pen my feelings, with more honesty than with language and grammar. While reading the posts below you may experience what compelled me to write these.
While I was thinking of giving a name to my Blog; this came to me; "Nuances of Being"
Being "Me" is the best that I am at and hope that will show in the posts below

And Thanks for reading

~Nikhil




Friday, March 8, 2024

आज घर से निकला तो

I was 17 when I left my parent's home for college. And have lived in various places since then, visiting parent's home in vacations. When you do some thing frequently a few rituals are formed. When you are not able to follow those rituals, it feels awkward. This Wednesday when I started my journey back from India, the missed rituals brought back that awkward feeling of loss.



आज घर से निकला तो उसने रोका ही नही
आंसुओ से आँखों को भिगोया ही नहीँ
खायल रखना, जल्दी आना, भी कहा ही नहीँ
हाथ में बादाम किशमिश की डिबिया दी ही नहीँ
रस्ते में काम आएगा, यह भी बोला ही नहीँ
पहुँच कर फ़ोन कर देना यह समझाया भी नहीँ

आज घर से निकला तो दरवाज़े पे माँ थी ही नहीँ
गीली आँखों को पोछते हाथ नहीँ थे
आसुओं से सीले हाथों का आशीष नहीँ था
भीगी हुई कुछ दर्द भरी मुस्कान नहीं थी

आज घर से निकला तो उसने रोका ही नही
आज दरवाज़े के उस ओर माँ नहीँ थी




13 comments:

  1. Nikhil, Even I also feel vacuum in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some relationship and emotions are irreplaceable. Cherish them as long as they are in your memories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🙏 true bhai. Glad to have you as my pillar for support always

      Delete
  3. It's touching. The way you expressed your feelings is touching and made me emotional as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some times one becomes speechless and only feelings are there. But you transformed those feelings into rosary of words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 🙏. I thinknworda are not wotking for me to say what I am feeling these days.

      Delete