Some days you write something and your friends and family support and encourage your thoughts. It does feel good. Then a few tell you that your words have given them some direction, you feel blessed and a bit scared, if you know someone is following your thoughts and that is a big responsibility.
One of such days you will get a question, a suggestion a feedback that will calrify your own thoughts and at times may implore you to dig deeper.
My last post 'Anchor and Port' had similar effect.
( please read Anchor-and-Port here, before continuning as there is some connection)
In the quest for anchor and port some one asked, '" what if I am not sure of my port or my anchor." Someone else casually said, "what if your port is not available" remember that is an external thing.
While I was contemplating those situations, I faced a personal storm, not externally devestating, but close to my heart; thats when my anchor got painfully damaged ( some of you may know what situation am I refering to) and my port was occupied. I had no where to go.
And then I learnt about Giraffes. Read further and trust there is a connection.
In African Savanah Giraffe is the tallest land animal ( actually anywhere in the world they are the tallest land animal ). That sounds great, till the Savanah is hit with a storm.
Running in strom with flash floods, slippery rocks, muddy terrain can mean accidents and severe injuries. Also where would they run to, no rock, no tree no cave is big enough to hide their ultra tall bodies. Yes, I repeat, how ever fierce the storm gets Girrafes have no where to hide.
So what they do instead is that they stand, with their legs fixed firm to ground, to give them extra balance. Their necks streched out to face the winds and the rain. And I am assuming their eyes closed. They endure the storm by standing still and facing it. Beast vs nature, not fighting, not complaining, not crying just facing it. I think they are respect the storm while they face it and also hold on to an unshakable faith that the storm is going to pass, sooner or later.
Lesson was learnt, right when needed, when my anchor and port were not there and the storm had roared. I knew what to do. But not panicking during a storm, keeping unshakable faith, and staying unmoved take intent and practice to learn and adapt. I will not give a score to how I fared against my Giraffe class lesson, but I can say, the teaching is worth trying.
PS: Learnt from Giraffes so standing still, facing the storm yet wishing for availability of my anchor and port urgently 🙂
PPS: I dont have any data or knowledge on what percent giraffes go through stroms unscathed, but I am sure some do as they always follow the same way, knwoing that there is merit in it. And also knowing that however fierce a storm is, it always ends.



Wow a new way of life. I am surprised how you collect all these gems and share it so beautifully.
ReplyDeleteThanks Bhai🙏
Delete